This recipe for the Best Blender Salsa ever is quick, easy, and awesome. Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender and it's done!
- 1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/4 of a medium onion (about 1/2 cup), I prefer a sweet or red onion
- 1 clove garlic, outer skin removed
- 1 whole jalapeno, halved (I take the seeds out)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounce) or 1 quart home-canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Combine cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in blender or food processor. Process until all of the veggies are chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Add the whole undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice and pulse a few time until you get the salsa consistency that you like (10-15 pulses).
- Add the diced tomatoes and pulse one or two times to combine. Test the seasonings on a tortilla chip and adjust accordingly.
- The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving with warm tortilla chips or any other Mexican dish.
- This recipe is very flexible, add other peppers if you like it more spicy or less spice and adjust everything to taste.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 350.7mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: blender salsa, salsa recipe, easy salsa recipe, healthy salsa,blender salsa recipe, recipe for easy salsa, how to make salsa, homemade salsa recipe