This recipe for the Best Blender Salsa ever is quick, easy, and awesome. Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender and it’s done!
- 1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/4 of a medium onion (about 1/2 cup), I prefer a sweet or red onion
- 1 clove garlic, outer skin removed
- 1 whole jalapeno, halved (I take the seeds out)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounce) or 1 quart home-canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Combine cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in blender or food processor. Process until all of the veggies are chopped, about 30 seconds. Add the whole undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice and pulse a few time until you get the salsa consistency that you like (10-15 pulses). Add the diced tomatoes and pulse one or two times to combine. Test the seasonings on a tortilla chip and adjust accordingly.
- The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving with warm tortilla chips or any other Mexican dish.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 350.7mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: blender salsa, salsa recipe, easy salsa recipe, healthy salsa,blender salsa recipe, recipe for easy salsa, how to make salsa, homemade salsa recipe