Berry Spinach Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing is bursting with flavor and made with blueberries, feta cheese, almonds, and bacon! This colorful salad recipe with homemade dressing makes an awesome lunch!
For the Berry Spinach Salad
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8-10 strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 3/4 cup candied almond slices
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing, recipe follows
For the Citrus Poppy seed Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Fresh orange juice from one orange
- Fresh lemon juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- For the salad: Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Or you can add the spinach to a shallow bowl and then line the toppings on top (this is what I did), toss before serving.
- For the dressing: Add everything to a mason jar, add the lid, shake to combine. Shake well before using.
- You can dress the salad right before serving (the recipe makes more than you will need) or you can let everyone dress their own, pouring the dressing right out of your mason jar. I like to let everyone add their own dressing.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: berry spinach salad recipe, easy spinach salad recipe, homemade salad dressing recipe, citrus poppyseed dressing recipe, spinach salad recipe with fruit