You can never go wrong with a cheese ball, especially when hosting a holiday gathering! Salty, crunchy, and cheesy, it’s the perfect appetizer for guests to munch on as they visit with each other.
- 3 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 to 7 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roast beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped nuts for rolling, optional (I like pecans), about 2 cups
In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, green onion, roast beef, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Using clean hands, blend everything together really well. The heat from your hands really helps to work everything together.
Taste with the crackers you are using. Add salt if needed and more Worcestershire or garlic powder as needed. Taste again, and adjust to your liking.
To make mini cheese balls, take a handful of the cream cheese mixture, and pat it into a ball about the size of your fist. Place ball on a plate and repeat until you have used all of your mixture. You should get about 8 balls. Roll each ball in nuts, if you choose, then wrap in plastic wrap, and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use them.
To make a party-sized cheese ball, scrape as much of the cream cheese mixture as you can from the bowl into your hands. Pat and roll in between your hands to form a ball. Roll in nuts if you are going to, reshape, and then wrap in plastic wrap.
Let it firm up in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, unwrap the cheese ball, and place it on a platter with crackers.
- I often put the mini cheese balls on my neighbor goodie plates (along with cookies, fudge, and other homemade treats), and everyone LOVES getting something salty with all that sweet.
- Make one big cheese ball or divide it up to share — it’s up to you.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese ball, cream cheese ball, beef and cheese ball, onion cheese ball, homemade cheese ball, cheese ball recipe, easy cheese ball recipe