This easy Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork recipe only needs a few simple ingredients, with practically no prep!
- 1 pork tenderloin (1.2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the package, and place it on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix to combine.
- Rub your spice mixture all over the tenderloin, and then place it in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the water or chicken stock to the bottom of the slow cooker (don’t pour it over the pork, though, so that you don’t wash off your spice rub).
- Add the lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until the tenderloin is easy to shred with a fork.
- Remove the pork from the crock pot, and shred with 2 forks. Return it to the slow cooker, and mix it with any liquid that might have remained in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add your BBQ sauce, and stir to combine. Adjust salt and BBQ amounts to your liking, serve warm.
- This recipe is really easy to scale up. If you are feeding a crowd, you can put up to 3 or 4 tenderloins in your slow cooker at a time. Your cooking time will increase as the pounds of pork increases.
- I like adding the BBQ sauce after the pork as cooked for a few reasons. It doesn’t overcook the sauce or “burn” it. Not everyone likes BBQ in my house, so I’ll pull some of the meat out before adding the sauce for those who don’t like it.
- If you want your pork tenderloin to cook quicker, feel free to cut your tenderloin into 3 or 4 chubby pieces. When it’s cut up, it could take as few as 3 hours to cook until tender.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pork tenderloin recipe, bbq pulled pork, easy pulled pork, crockpot pulled pork