Barbecue ranch chicken salad is the most flavorful salad you’ll ever eat, complete with a smoky and sweet dressing, grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, corn, romaine, and a whole lot of other vibrant veggies.
For the barbecue ranch dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 2–3 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, thawed or drained
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1–2 cups grilled chicken, sliced thin
- Additional barbecue sauce for serving
- For the dressing, simply add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- For the salad, just add all of the veggies and beans to a large bowl, and toss to combine. Add the chicken on top. Lightly dress and toss right before serving.
- Serve with additional dressing and barbecue sauce to fit individual tastes.
- To quickly thaw frozen corn, just rinse it in a sieve under warm water until it is thawed, about 30 seconds.
- I used original-style Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce and loved the level of sweet it had. Plus, it was on sale.
- The leftover dressing is amazing as fry sauce and on about anything else you can think to put it on.
- Category: salad