Baked rigatoni is a family favorite dinner that's so easy to make. You simple cook up some sausage and onion, add some canned tomatoes and seasoning, and stir all of that in with cooked rigatoni. Add that to a dish and top with cheese and then bake to perfection. We make this recipe often![adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="ERzJuXpp" upload-date="2022-11-30T19:26:07.000Z" name="Baked Rigatoni with Sausage" description="Delicious, easy, homemade, baked sausage rigatoni!" player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 2 pound ground sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes (29 ounces)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes with the juice (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta, cooked according to the package directions and drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pan add the sausage and the diced onion and cook, breaking up the sausage as you go, until the sausage is cooked through and the onion tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add both cans of tomatoes and Italian seasoning and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cooked rigatoni pasta to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and sausage mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the top of the dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the top of the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is a bit browned. Sometimes if the sauce is done and everything is hot but the cheese isn't quite browned enough to my liking, I'll put it under the broil setting on my oven for 30 second to a minute to crisp up the cheese just a little.
- Let the dish rest 5 minutes and then serve hot.
- You have lots of options when it comes to sausage. You can get ground sausage like Jimmy Dean's or sausage with casing (just remove the casing). You can use Italian sausage, normal breakfast sausage, hot or spicy sausage or just about anything that you like or have on hand.
- You can use any similar sized pasta in this recipe if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked rigatoni, baked rigatoni recipe, easy baked pasta, baked pasta, baked pasta recipe, baked pasta with sausage