Here’s a quick and easy dinner or brunch idea! This simple Baked Denver Omelet comes together in a flash with lots of cheese, meat, and veggies, and everyone loves it.
- 1 cup chopped sweet bell peppers (chop veggies small)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup (heaping) chopped cooked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sliced avocado for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9×9 inch or 7×11 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat, saute the sweet bell peppers and onion in the olive oil until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped ham to the bottom of the dish. Layer the cooked veggies on top of the ham. Sprinkle the cheese over the cooked veggies.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper together until well combined. Pour the egg mixture over everything else in the pan. Bake until the center is no longer giggly, 25 to 30 minutes. (The type of pan you use will change the baking time, so just keep an eye on it!).
- Once cooked allow the eggs to rest for 5 minutes before serving with sliced avocado and hot sauce if you’d like.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast casserole, baked omelet, omelet, egg bake,