Bacon, Chicken, and Sweet Corn Quesadillas are savory and just a little sweet, which is always a winning combo in my world.
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels (cut fresh from the cob is best but canned works)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- Heat a large cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet on the stove-top over medium heat.
- While the skillet is warming up, combine the bacon, shredded chicken, sweet corn, and red onion in a small bowl and stir to combine. Shred the cheese.
- Place 1 tortilla on a plate or cutting board, spread a 1/4 cup of the corn mixture and then 1/4 cup of shredded cheese evenly over the tortilla. Place a second tortilla on top. Carry the quesadilla on the plate or cutting board over to the hot pan and carefully slide it onto the hot pan.
- Let the tortilla cook for a minute or so, until lightly browned, and then carefully flip it over and cook on the other side. The goal is to have warm filling and melted cheese without burning the tortillas, so keep an eye on things and lower the heat if the tortillas are cooking too fast, or if your stove tends to cook hot, start with a lower temperature.
- Remove the warm quesadilla from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a knife or pizza roller, cut the quesadilla into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Serve right away with salsa for dipping.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Cheese, Quesadilla, Bacon, Appetizer