Bacon, Chicken, and Sweet Corn Quesadillas are savory and just a little sweet toasted in a tortilla, which is always a winning combo in my world.
BBQ Pork Quesadillas, Ham and Cheese Quesadillas, and Zucchini and Sweet Corn Quesadillas all are toasty, cheesy variations of a simple quesadilla using different meats and vegetables! There’s quesadillas to fit all different tastes and cravings, so there is bound to be one for you!
Bacon, Chicken, and Sweet Corn Quesadillas
You guys! It’s already JUNE. How did that happen?! Our weekend was busy at the farmer’s market (I added rhubarb lemonade and raspberry lemonade to the line up this week and they were big hits), planting potatoes and pumpkins in the garden, and other general family work/fun (because work is fun!). A great weekend all together. Now that we’ve had 2 weeks of summer merriment and freedom I’m ready to figure out some kind of schedule. A very loose schedule, but something.
And now let’s chat food. Simple meals on hot summer nights are my favorite! I had a few leftovers from those yummy bacon wrapped chicken skewers floating around in the fridge and that’s where the idea for these amazing quesadillas came from. We don’t eat a lot of just cheese and tortilla quesadillas, but fancy quesadillas that you can serve as a meal are one of our favorites summer meals.
These quesadillas are savory and just a little sweet, which is always a winning combo in my world. They were really delicious and a fun change from the run of the mill quesadilla. The best part is, if you meal plan, you can grill up the chicken and bake the bacon a day or two in advance for other recipes and just set aside enough for this meal. I had all of the meat already cooked and it only took me about 10 minutes to put this meal on the table. We had a super easy and really tasty meal with practically no effort.
What should I serve with quesadillas?
I served watermelon and sliced cucumbers on the side when I made this! You can also serve these up with a good sauce or salsa, corn salad, different fruits and veggies, Mexican cole slaw, beans, potato salad, rice, or even ceviche! There’s tons of options for sides and you can create all kinds of meals with them.
What other cheeses taste good in a quesadilla?
This recipe uses cheddar, but other delicious cheeses are asadero and monterey jack, all three of which are found in the Mexican blend cheese you find at the store. You can also spice it up and use pepper jack or other spicier cheeses for an extra kick.
Bacon, Chicken, and Sweet Corn Quesadillas are savory and just a little sweet, which is always a winning combo in my world.
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels (cut fresh from the cob is best but canned works)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- Heat a large cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet on the stove-top over medium heat.
- While the skillet is warming up, combine the bacon, shredded chicken, sweet corn, and red onion in a small bowl and stir to combine. Shred the cheese.
- Place 1 tortilla on a plate or cutting board, spread a 1/4 cup of the corn mixture and then 1/4 cup of shredded cheese evenly over the tortilla. Place a second tortilla on top. Carry the quesadilla on the plate or cutting board over to the hot pan and carefully slide it onto the hot pan.
- Let the tortilla cook for a minute or so, until lightly browned, and then carefully flip it over and cook on the other side. The goal is to have warm filling and melted cheese without burning the tortillas, so keep an eye on things and lower the heat if the tortillas are cooking too fast, or if your stove tends to cook hot, start with a lower temperature.
- Remove the warm quesadilla from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a knife or pizza roller, cut the quesadilla into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Serve right away with salsa for dipping.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Cheese, Quesadilla, Bacon, Appetizer
More Mexican Inspired Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- 15 Burrito Recipes- because you can never have enough Mexican food in your life!
- Steak Carnitas Meat in the Crock-Pot
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing (Great on Tacos)
- Steak Tostadas
- One Pan Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Restaurant-Style Salsa Recipe
- Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
- Taco Topped Cornbread Waffles
This post was originally published in 2013 and has been updated in August 2019.
Enjoy these Bacon, Chicken, and Sweet Corn Quesadillas with sweet and savory favors all toasted together for an easy dinner.