Quick and delicious Avocado Egg Salad recipe is a game changer! It’s healthy and perfect on bread, crackers, in lettuce, or in a pita. Healthy lunch recipes are it’s best.
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ripe avocados (medium or small in size)
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash hot sauce, optional
- Peel and rinse the hard-boiled eggs to remove any extra shell pieces. Place the eggs on a cutting board and give them a rough chop to cut them into small pieces. Place them in a medium bowl.
- Remove the peel and pit of the avocados and give them a rough chop, add them to the bowl. Add the may, onion, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper, and hot sauce, if using. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
This is great served on toasted whole wheat bread, on crackers, in a lettuce wrap, or on a bed of salad greens.
I think you could leave the mayo out but that little bit really makes it taste like a traditional “salad” and I recommend using it. A little goes a long way here.
Don’t be skimpy on the salt and pepper, they really bring out the flavors in this dish.
Tip on how to cut the avocado: Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit. While holding one half in the palm of your hand (flesh up) use a butter knife to slice the avocado into chunks (while it’s still in the skin, use the knife to cut is a few times from the top to the bottom and then cut it again from side to side, making little squares out of the cut lines). Then use a spoon to scoop the cut flesh from the skin/shell. It’s all chopped and ready to go, just scoop it right into the bowl!
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 191.4mg
- Fat: 22.6g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Cholesterol: 252.1mg
Keywords: Quick and Easy, Avocado, Egg Salad, Green Food