If you’re looking for a quick and simple appetizer, Avocado Bruschetta is the perfect option! Made from fresh tomatoes, avocados and basil, this all-natural recipe will be the hit of any social gathering.
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large ripe avocado, peel and pit removed and cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small baguette
- softened butter
- To make the topping for the bruschetta com combine the tomato, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a few good shakes of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine and let the mixture rest while you make the toast.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a baking sheet in the oven so that it heats up while the oven is getting hot. Meanwhile, slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick pieces and butter one side with softened butter. When the pan and oven are hot. Carefully removed the pan from the oven the place the bread, butter side down, onto the hot pan. Return the pan to the oven and cook until the bottom of the breads are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven remove the bread from the baking sheet.
- When the bread is toasted, add the avocado to the tomato mixture and gently stir to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired. Put a spoonful of the tomato mixture on the toasted side of each bread and serve right away.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: how to make bruschetta, easy bruschetta recipe, bruschetta recipe, best bruschetta, easy appetizers, quick appetizer recipe, homemade appetizer, avocado bruschetta recipe