Asian Pasta Salad is made with chopped vegetables, pasta, and a simple soy sauce dressing – and it only takes about 20 minutes to make!
- 2 cups small dry pasta (about 8 ounces)
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely sliced purple cabbage
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add the pasta to a medium mixing bowl. Add the bell pepper, celery, carrot, almonds, cabbage, and onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic powder, and ginger.
- Add the dressing to the pasta.
- Stir everything together until it is all well-coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
If you are preparing this ahead of time, leave out the nuts until just before serving so that they don’t get soft in the dressing.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asian pasta salad, asian pasta salad recipe, how to make asian pasta salad, rotini pasta salad recipe, best pasta salad recipe, homemade pasta salad recipe, best asian pasta salad recipe