This Asian Chicken Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing is a healthy and colorful way to eat the rainbow.
For the Salad
- 1 small head Napa or savory cabbage finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- sliced jalapenos, optional
For the Peanut Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon rice or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl add all of the salad ingredients. I like to layer them all so that they look pretty, but you just add them and give them all a toss – it’s up to you.
- To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small mason jar, add the lid, and shake until well combined. If your peanut butter is cold or really thick I would use hot water (the 2 tablespoons called for) instead of cold or room temperature water.
- Category: Lunch / Salad
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: healthy salad recipe, hearty salad recipe, easy chicken recipe, shredded chicken recipe