Amazing No-Knead Refrigerator Pizza Dough that is made with only 4 ingredients, only has to be stirred together, and can sit in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, yeast, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add all of the water and stir until the mixture comes together and there are no dry spots. No need to knead, just stir until it’s a uniform texture.
- Cover the bowl and dough tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and place the dough in the fridge.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 24 hours and up to 3 days. The longer it rests, the chewier the baked pizza crust will be.
- An hour before you plan to use the dough, remove it from the fridge and let it rest at room temperature.
- To make the pizza: While the dough is resting, preheat your oven to 500 degrees. If you have a baking stone, put it in the oven to heat, too. I would recommend using a stone for baking this pizza. If you don’t have a stone, you can turn your biggest cookie sheet upside down (so that the flat side is up) or use a rimless sheet. If you are using a stone, let the stone heat for 30 minutes. If using a baking sheet, let it heat for 10 minutes.
- When the oven is hot, cut your dough in half. Place half of the dough on a piece of parchment paper that is 18 inches long. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough (on top of the parchment paper) into a 12 to 14 inch circle. The dough should be about a quarter-inch thick. Use extra flour to keep the dough from sticking while you roll it out.
- Top with 1 cup of pizza sauce, 1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded mozzarella, and toppings of your choice.
- When the pizza is all ready, slide the pizza, which is on the parchment paper, onto a rimless cookie sheet or one that is upside down. This will help you get the pizza to the oven.
- Open the oven and slide the pizza which is still on the parchment paper, from the cookie sheet onto the hot baking stone or hot cookie sheet. I just tug on the edge of the parchment paper with my hands and slide it onto the stone. BE CAREFUL! Your oven is set to 500. It’s super hot, obviously! Make sure the babies are out of the way and be careful when sliding the pizza into the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the top is bubbly and the edges are starting to brown. When the pizza is done, tug the edge of the parchment paper and slide the pizza back onto the cookie sheet you used to transfer it to the oven. Again, be careful!
- Let your stone reheat for 10 minutes. While the stone is heating, repeat the whole thing with the second half of the dough and bake the same way.
- Use extra flour as needed to help you roll the dough out. It’ll be lightly sticky.
- Category: bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pizza dough, pizza, crust, dough, bread, yeast, no knead, refrigerated, make ahead