This buttery and flaky all butter pie crust is such a simple recipe with just 4 ingredients, and the perfect crust for all your favorite pies!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, butter (18 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup ice-cold water (give or take 1 tablespoon)
- Measure the flour by scooping it in your measuring cup and leaving off the top with the back side of the butter knife. This will help ensure that you aren't using too much flour.
- Place flour and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into thin pieces, or you can grate it with the large holes of your cheese grater, and add to the flour.
- Use a pastry blender or a fork to combine the flour and butter. Press until you have pieces of the fat mixed in with chunks about the size of peas remaining.
- Add the cold water all at once, and stir to combine. If the dough is a bit dry, add 1 additional tablespoon of water.
- The dough will come together nicely.
- Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and use your hands to collect it all into one ball.
- Cut the ball in half and flatten each half into a disc.
- Wrap each disc tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the fridge for 30 minutes before using, up to 3 days, or store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let the dough thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
- Roll and use in your favorite pie recipes.
- Makes a double pie crust (a top and bottom) or enough for 2 bottoms (like 2 pumpkin pies that don't need a top).
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie crust, butter pie crust, pie crust recipe, Thanksgiving