Again, this is a well loved classic flavor combo that is always a safe bet. I love the coconut in this because, coconut.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (I like this brand of unsweetened shredded coconut)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick “dough” starts to form, about 3-5 minutes of processing. If the ingredients are chopped into super small pieces but the dough isn’t coming together, try adding a teaspoon of water at a time (up to a tablespoon or two) to encourage everything to come together.
- When the ingredients are well incorporated, remove the blade from the food processor. Take 1 large tablespoon of the “dough” and roll it into a ball in between your hands. Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle with a little shredded coconut if desired. Keep the balls in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer much longer.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Snack
Keywords: homemade energy bites, healthy energy ball recipe