You’ll fall right in love with this delicious Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie with dark chocolate, fresh cream, and an Oreo cookie crust.
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (4 ounces of chopped chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate bar to make chocolate curls
- In a large saucepan, bring the cream and 1/4 cup of sugar up to 180 degrees over medium heat, stirring very often. The mixture should be hot and start to steam across the top but should not boil.
- While the cream is heating, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and whole egg to the cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine well.
- When the milk is hot, slowly whisk one cup of hot milk into the egg mixture and then whisk the egg mixture back into the pan of hot cream.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken, stirring constantly, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate until cool (this will take 2-4 hours).
- When the chocolate pudding is cool and you are ready to assemble your pie, whip your heavy cream.
- Place half of the chocolate pudding in the bottom of the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Mix half of the whipped cream into the other half of the chocolate pudding and fold it together until the chocolate pudding is lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add this chocolate and cream mixture to your prepared crust over the plain chocolate pudding and spread it around.
- Add the remaining whipped cream to the top of the pie (you can spread it or pipe it out) and then top with chocolate curls.
To make chocolate curls, simply use a vegetable peeler down the side of a chocolate bar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy chocolate pie, homemade chocolate pie, best chocolate pie recipe, easy chocolate pie recipe, chocolate dessert ideas, best chocolate pie, chocolate cream pie