This is the absolute best pumpkin pie recipe, sweetened with real cream and maple syrup. One bite and you’ll understand why this healthy homemade pie is one of my favorite whole food desserts!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Single pie crust (I would recommend an all-butter whole wheat crust)
- Freshly whipped cream for serving
- Prepare your pie crust and place it in the bottom of a deep 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla, and whisk until everything comes together. Add the salt and pumpkin pie spice and stir to combine.
- Add the pumpkin pie mixture to the unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. The center of the pie will be puffed up and jiggle only slightly when the pie is ready.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy pumpkin pie recipe, easy pumpkin pie, healthy pumpkin pie, best pumpkin pie, Thanksgiving dessert recipe, homemade pie, homemade pumpkin pie