Be sure to use a banana that is nice and ripe, but not so dark that it will taste old. This one was ok, but I didn’t love the banana in it. My toddler however couldn’t get enough.
- 1 ripe (but not grossly ripe) medium banana
- 1 cup dry oats (I like 1/2 old fashioned oatmeal and 1/2 quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or something similar), optional
- In a medium bowl, add the peeled banana and mash thoroughly with a fork. Add the dry oats and chocolate chips and stir to combine. Refrigerate until the mixture holds together when pressed into a ball (this took about an hour for me). Use a spoon to scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into you hands and roll into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Store the balls covered in the fridge for a few days, or in the freezer much longer. I feel like the banana started to get brown and slimy much faster than the other recipes, so if you make a couple types, eat these first!
The nutritional information includes regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. Nutritional details may change with vegan chocolate chips.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: banana energy balls, healthy energy balls, vegan energy balls, healthy snack