I used almond butter, spices, chopped pecans, and raisins to mimic the flavors of a classic oatmeal cookie.
- 1 cup dry oats (I like 1/2 old fashioned oatmeal and 1/2 quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- In a medium bowl add all of the ingredients, and stir to combine well. The mixture should be a bit sticky. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a spoon to scoop about a tablespoon of the cookie ball mixture into your hand. Roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture. This should make about 12 oatmeal energy balls.
- Store the balls covered in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for much longer.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Snack
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1 Ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110.1 Fat: 5.6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 14.5mg Carbohydrates: 14.4g Sugars: 8.1g Protein: 2.4g Vitamin A: 1µg Vitamin C: 2mg
Keywords: oatmeal energy balls, healthy snack, no bake