Traditional Pie Crust is a classic for a reason! Nothing beats a buttery, flaky crust on a beautiful apple pie or another pie recipe of your choosing! If you need an easy pie crust recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner, you’re in the right place!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter OR 1 cup shortening OR a half cup of each
- 5–9 tablespoons ice cold water
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt. Whisk to combine. If you are using any butter, cut it into smaller pieces.
- Work the fat (butter, shortening, or combo of the two) into the flour using a fork, pastry blender, or food processor. If you are using butter, be sure to leave chunks of butter about the size of a pea. Don’t overwork the dough.
- If you used a food processor, add the fat and flour mixture back to the bowl.
- Add the ice water a small amount at a time, stirring after each addition. The pie crust should just start to come together and should stick together when you press some in your hand. You don’t want it to be sticky, but don’t fear adding too much water either.
- When the dough comes together, dump it out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Use your hand to form the dough into a uniform mound.
- Separate the dough into two each pieces. Place one half on another piece of plastic wrap. Press each half into a round disc and wrap well in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 15-30 minutes. Then roll and use as directed in your pie recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy pie crust recipe, homemade pie crust recipe, how to make pie crust, traditional pie crust recipe, the best pie crust recipe