My 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars are an easy snack for on-the-go adventures, and pair perfectly with delicious Horizon Organic DHA Omega-3 milk boxes!
- 2 1/2 cups organic old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- Generous pinch of salt
- Optional mix-ins: seeds, nuts, chopped dried fruit
- Place peanut butter and honey in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, until the mixture comes together and gets hot and bubbles lightly, about 3 minutes, stirring very often.
- Add oats and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Dump into a greased 8×8 baking dish, and pack and flatten into an even layer. I like to press the mixture down with the bottom of a cup.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Slice into bars or squares
- For the mix-ins, add them when you add the oats. Add 1/4 cup chopped nuts or seeds, chopped dried fruit, or 2 tablespoons chia seeds. If using mix-ins, reduce the oats to 2 1/4 cups.
- These bars hold their shape best if they stay chilled, and I recommend keeping them in the fridge.
- Cooking the honey mixture until it’s bubbly helps the homemade granola bars to stick together. That being said, you can burn the mixture (honey burns pretty easily), so be sure to keep an eye on it and stir often!