These 4-Ingredient Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Legs are sweet, sticky, and perfectly tangy. Once you try these oven baked chicken legs, you’ll never go back to a regular old baked chicken recipe!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2.5 pounds chicken legs (about 8)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, and whole grain mustard.
- Place the chicken legs in a baking dish so that they are mostly all touching, an 11×7 inch pan was perfect for me.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and flip the chicken over and then spoon the sauce over the tops again.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and flip the chicken over and then spoon the sauce over the tops again.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from the oven, and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the tops one additional time before serving.
- If you are new to the world of mustard, high quality mustard is a world of difference over that bright yellow stuff in a squirt bottle. Using both the whole grain and the Dijon makes this chicken complex and wonderful but not too “mustardy.” Don’t sub traditional yellow mustard; it just isn’t the same.
- If it’s hard to spoon the extra sauce in the bottom of the pan over the chicken, gently tilt the pan so that the sauce pools in one corner. It’s easy to spoon up that way.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best baked chicken recipe, easy baked chicken recipe, baked chicken legs recipe, honey mustard chicken, honey mustard chicken recipe, chicken drumsticks recipe, how to bake chicken legs, oven baked chicken legs recipe