Meaty Margherita Pizza made with the traditional tomatoes, cheese, and basil, but with added pepperoni and salami to make it one crowd-pleasing pizza the whole family will love.
For the Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
For the Pizza:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 6 slices genoa salami
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the dough ingredients and knead with fingers until a soft ball of dough forms, and all the butter is thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn the dough out onto floured parchment paper and roll out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Gently brush the dough with olive oil, then top with the crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and dried basil, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese, then layer with the pepperoni and salami.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the pizza is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with the chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.