Quick and easy 20-Minute Roasted Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Tacos are loaded with flavor, baked in the oven, and loved by the whole family! If you’re looking for a healthy, hearty and vegetable-packed dinner, this is the perfect meal for you.
- 12 Mission Organics® White Corn Tortillas
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 ears of sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 of a small onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 of a cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- Additional lime wedges
- Optional hot sauce, cheese, pickled jalapeños, etc. for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, sweet corn kernels, black beans, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion, jalapeño (if using), and olive oil. Stir to combine well and coat everything evenly with the seasonings.
- Spread the zucchini mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and place it in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the zucchini mixture is roasting, combine the fresh chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Preheat a medium-sized cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add one Mission Organics® White Corn Tortilla at a time, cooking for about 15 seconds, then flip and repeat on the remaining side. The goal is to lightly char and warm the tortilla.
- Place the cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer or on a plate and cover with a clean dish towel. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- When the zucchini mixture is done roasting, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a taco with 1 tortilla, a scoop of the roasted veggie mixture, and a spoonful of the fresh salsa, and give it all a squeeze of fresh lime. Add any additional ingredients you like such as cheese or hot sauce and enjoy right away.
- If using a larger zucchini, simply cut in down the middle, stem to blossom end, and remove all of the large seeds with a spoon. Cut into wedges and then slice into nice bite-sized pieces.
- The jalapeño adds just a bit of heat and is delicious, though optional, in this recipe. If you’d like more heat, consider adding an additional minced jalapeño to the roasted veggie mixture and one to the fresh salsa.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
Keywords: vegetable taco recipe, easy taco recipe, healthy taco recipe, black bean taco recipe, vegetarian taco recipe, easy vegetarian recipe, corn taco recipe, roasted zucchini taco recipe