This quick donuts recipe comes together in only 15 min & is a great way to have fresh donuts on the table without spending hours prepping. Easy & delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the sugar, eggs, and nutmeg together and whisk to combine. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined, but don't over mix.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees. Using two spoons, make a ball of batter about the size of a ping pong ball. Use one spoon to carefully scrape the dough ball from the other spoon into the hot oil. Repeat this 5 or 6 times and then fry the donuts until they are crispy and very brown on all sides, 3-6 minutes total. Be sure to adjust the temperature as needed to keep the oil temperature at 350 degrees.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the donuts from the hot oil and place them on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Let the donuts drain while you repeat the process with the rest of the batter. Dust the donuts with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- These are best eaten right after making.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy donuts recipe, fast donuts recipe, no rise donuts, no yeast donuts