This 1 Dough, 4 Christmas Cookies Recipe will save yourself some kitchen time this holiday season- with chocolate, orange, mint, and M&M options to make!
Grandma Lucy's Christmas Sugar Cookies, Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies, and Christmas Magic Cookie Bars are the other recipes you need to make Christmas cookies until you drop! Cookies are great for parties, gifts, and eating while you watch a good movie. You can't go wrong with a variety of Christmas cookies.
1 Dough, 4 Christmas Cookies Recipes
I love Christmas and the holiday season and all of the delicious and fun things that this time of year brings into my life. That being said, it's also a super busy time and I like to make sure that I'm using my time wisely. I'm making all kinds of slow cooker and one-pot meals this time of year so that I can spend more time baking cookies, celebrating with friends and family, sending out Christmas cards, and teaching my kids the joys of service and gift-giving. I love love love to bake, especially all the Christmas cookies and candies that are once a year treats, but that doesn't mean that I want to live in my kitchen this time of year, either.
This recipe is the best of both worlds, and I'm so excited to share it with you. This is one recipe that you can make into FOUR different kinds of cookies. With a few simple variations, you can have an array of cookies to take to a party or to drop off at your neighbors with no extra effort on your part. You are going to love this recipe! You can make just one kind of cookie at a time or you can make all four at once! It's up to you!
Please note that each of these variations are for a full batch of dough. If you want to make multiple variations, divide one batch of dough in two, and use half the add-ins for two of the variations. Recipe from my sister-in-law, Beth.
Variation 1: Chocolate Chip and Holiday M&M's Cookies
First up is chocolate chip and holiday M&M's cookies! Just add the chocolate chips and M&M's to the base dough recipe. Super cute and festive! Bonus points if you hand place a few M&M's on top of the dough before baking so that they look extra pretty.
Variation 2: Chocolate Mint Cookies
Long live all the mint + chocolate things! You simple add a bit of cocoa powder to the dough to make it chocolatey and then stir in some Andes baking chips. Once the cookies are cooled, you can drizzle some melted Andes baking chips over the tops. Easy, festive, and so very delicious.
Variation 3: Orange Cranberry Cookies
Easy orange cranberry cookies are a unique twist on a classic drop cookie. Orange and cranberry are so very good together (have you made my cranberry orange quick bread yet?!). A little glaze and candied orange peel on the top make these look extra fun. I love these Christmas cookies!
Variation 4: Double Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Chocolate cookies with white chocolate and macadamia nuts is simple but delicious. Why is that combination of things so good? I can't wait for you to try all 4 variations!Print
This one, easy cookie dough recipe makes four different kinds of Christmas cookies! The holidays just aren't complete without a few (or more) cookies.
For the Base Recipe:
- ⅔ cup butter
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
For the Chocolate Chip and M&M's Cookies:
- 1 cup holiday colored M&M's
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Orange Cranberry Cookies:
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 1 ½ cups craisins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- Candied orange zest
For the Chocolate Mint Cookies:
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups Andes mint bits + more for drizzling
For the Double Chocolate Macadamia:
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until everything comes together.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of dough onto a parchment or baking mat lined sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Chocolate Chip and M&M's: Add 1 cup holiday colored M&M's and 1 cup chocolate chips before baking.
- Orange Cranberry: Add ½ teaspoon orange extract when you add the vanilla. Add 1 ½ cups craisins (sweetened dried cranberries) to the dough and stir well to combine. Bake as directed. When the cookies cool, top with simple glaze (1 cup powdered sugar and 1-3 tablespoons milk or cream) and candied orange zest.
- Chocolate Mint: Add ¼ cup cocoa powder (when you add the flour) and stir in 1 ½ cups Andes mints bits. After baking drizzle with melted Andes mints.
- Double Chocolate Macadamia: Add ¼ cup cocoa powder (when you add the flour) and stir in 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts.
Please note that each of these variations are for a full batch of dough. If you want to make multiple variations, divide one batch of dough in two, and use half the add-ins for two of the variations.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas cookies, easy cookie recipes, Christmas Desserts, holiday desserts
More Cookie Recipe to Bake this season:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Spritz Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Giant M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Old Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Extra Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Amazing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Blueberry Pie Cookie Bars
- Easy Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Soft and Puffy Greek Yogurt Sugar Cookies
- Cheater Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Homemade Mint Oreo Cookies
- Perfect Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This post was originally published in 2016 and has been updated in November 2019.
This recipe for One Dough, Four different cookies for Christmas makes holiday baking simpler and still provides a variety of flavors! Make some for yourself, your family, or friends, without having to make different doughs!