This recipe for guilt-free strawberry milkshakes is great for a couple of reasons. It packs a lot of strawberry flavor, it’s extra creamy from frozen bananas and Greek yogurt, and it’s extra thick and delicious, just like an old-fashioned milkshake. Can you see those cute little milkshake peaks in the glass? This stuff is thick and creamy goodness. My kids loved them and they had no idea they weren’t “real” milkshakes. The ingredients are great, but putting everything in the Blendtec to make them extra thick and smooth is really what makes them amazing. You just can’t replicate the power that a Blendtec packs (I got a certified refurbished one a few years ago and I’ll never look back, great investment on my part and I use it for smoothies daily and now baby food!).
Today is my 30th birthday. In years past, I have never mentioned my birthday on the blog. I either didn’t post that day or just neglected to say anything if I did. I thought the big 3-0 needed a little celebrating though, and that can be made delicious with these simple milkshakes. Enjoy some guilt-free strawberry milkshakes on me!
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try these guilt-free strawberry milkshakes, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseat on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup strawberry or vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 cups milk
- Add all of the ingredients to the jar of your Blendtec. If you have a small Twister Jar you can start with one cup of liquid for an extra thick milkshake. If you are using a traditional blender jar use 2 cups of milk so that it processes more easily. Blend on high or the ice cream setting until smooth, about 1 minute. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick to blend. Enjoy right away.
Bonus Recipe! Because it’s my birthday and I can.
We made this smoothie this week and it was also great!
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ a banana
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to the jar of your Blendtec and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Enjoy right away. Serves 1.
I love these little jar mugs too! Your hands don’t get chilly when holding the cold glass when you have a handle!
There you have it: two healthy, simple, sweet, and tasty smoothie recipes that taste better than ice cream milkshakes and are easier on your waistline.
Tonight for dinner I just popped a freezer-to-slow cooker meal in my slow cooker because even though it’s my birthday, I still get to feed the family. I’m so grateful to have these simple healthy meals ready and available in my freezer. They are a total game changer! I went for the Black Bean Chili (with a heavy hand of grated cheese!) and I’ll make a batch of cornbread. Super easy meal that the whole family loves.