Today I have something a bit different to share with you, but it’s something I’ve been looking forward to!
I am Brave and Beautiful – a beauty movement that is sweeping the globe. Colbie Caillat started it with her recent song and video called TRY. My blogging friend Megan of Brassy Apple wanted to push this movement along and invited women from all over to share what they looked like without make up and I joined in!! Colbie’s song says, “Take your make up off. Let your hair down… Look into the mirror at yourself, Do you like you? Cause I like you… “
Megan and her friend Cobi of Peacefrom6pieces have been the team behind this whole project. Their worldwide vision included creating their own video inspired by the song TRY. The talent of Robbins Creative made it possible for them to pull it off. You have to click play and see the beauty and bravery displayed and you might even recognize a few faces in there.
Me along with 101+ other blogging women from different backgrounds, religions, ethnicities, ages, shapes and sizes have decided to be Brave and Beautiful! You can join in this movement too by sharing what you look like without makeup on. You don’t need a blog either! Just tag your photo with #IamBraveAndBeautiful on Instgram and search the hashtag to see who else has joined in. ALSO, if you tag it with a second hashtag – #ColbieTRY we just might be able to get Colbie Caillat’s attention since she was the inspiration behind it all!
Are you brave and beautiful? I am, here I go!
Here’s my nearly two year old professional head shot versus what I look like with no make up. Here’s the kicker… that’s how I look every day. If we were friends that second picture would be your mental image of me because it’s me! I don’t wear make-up normally, my hair is always in a pony tail, and something has happened to my eyes since having babies and I can hardly wear contacts for more than a few hours so I always wear my glasses.
Pretty normal looking :) I wanted to participate in this project not because taking of my make-up is a big deal but because I wanted to make sure you all can see the real me. Sure that lovely head shot is me, but we are way past that. We are friends. And friends know what the other looks like in the morning and too late at night and all the hours in between. My teeth are too big and not all that straight, I have a big gray streak in my hair that my kids call my “skunk stripe”, I wear ugly over sized t-shirts with football teams on them because they were given to me, and I probably have milk, boogers, and/or chocolate smeared somewhere on me. Those little details don’t come across on a blog very well. They might seem a little negative but I don’t really see them in that light. They are just things that are me.
Sometimes people will make comments about how I’m “super woman” or something along those lines. You all know that’s not true. No one can do everything and why would they want too? That just sounds tiring. I do like to think I’m good at the things that I love and share but at the same time, you don’t see this mom making music video parodies of popular songs complete with singing and dancing.
Here’s another photo for you.
This picture was taken by my lovely Ann photographer friend in my kitchen. I knew she was coming and I spent a whole day cleaning my kitchen, mopping, wiping the cabinets, and getting ready. No one wants to pay for dirty kitchen pictures…
Exact same spot, normal kitchen chaos, and I forgot to wear black and sit up straight so my pooch is there. You guys. I have a pooch. Did you know that? I hope you assumed I did… I love food. I’m ok with that. Are you? I hope you are.
So there you have it. A just normal me. I hope you think of me as normal because that’s all I am, and I quite like it that way.
If you are ready to wipe off your makeup and show the world just you, I’d love to see it. Because just you is good enough. You are good enough. Your heart and your efforts as a human, your wishes and dreams, your waking up in the morning looking like a zombie because you were up with grumpy babies all night and your pooch is good enough. Just normal is good enough.
Feel free to email me if you aren’t on social media or have a blog.
And last but not least I have to say thanks to Megan and Cobi. They are woman that I know and have met in real life and they are gems of people. Their souls are kind and they are the type of people you want to have around you. I’m so pleased to work on this with them and I’m just shocked at all the people they’ve gotten to participate with them. You can take a look at all of the other bloggers who are letting their natural beauty shine below. And if you were to tell me you teared up watching the movie they did I’d tell you we were twinners.
Below are more brave and beautiful women bearing more than their natural beauty. They each have a little bit of their heart to share with you. Some get very personal. Some share stories. For some this was very hard to do yet they gathered their courage and did it anyway. We hope as you click around (and YES pin these different posts!) you will feel the importance of it, the empowering effect it has and that it encourages you in some way.
With this many people involved we are bound to have glitches the first day. If the link has an ERROR, simply click on the HOME button for each site, or google the blog name next to the link, and you should see their brave and beautiful post there. Links will be updated as soon as possible.
1. BrassyApple 2. Peace from 6 Pieces 3. Is this Really My Life 4. Among the Young 5. Love Me Dani Marie 6. Sweet Charli 7. Kim Orlandini 8. XO, Ashton Tilton 9. She Calls Me Mama Leisha 10. Raising Memories – Canada 11. A Little Tipsy 12. Amy Cornwell 13. A girl and a glue gun 14. My Craftily Ever After 15. Maybe I Will 16. WhipperBerry 17. Paging SuperMom 18. All Things Thrifty 19. Ashlee Marie 20. The Project Girl
21. One Little Momma 22. Entirely Eventful Day 23. Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl 24. Tips from a Typical Mom 25. Utah Sweet Savings 26. Flats to Flip Flops 27. One Krieger Chick 28. What Meegan Makes 29. Simply Kierste 30. Live to be Inspired 31. HoneyBear Lane 32. Pretty Providence 33. Ma Nouvelle Mode – in FRANCE 34. MomEntity 35. Serger Pepper – in ITALY 36. Kiki and Company 37. Girl Loves Glam 38. Thrive
39. The Potters Place 40. Crafting in the Rain 41. Cooking With Ruthie 42. Delineate Your Dwelling 43. The Pennington Point 44. Bakerette 45. The Happy Scraps 46. Shannon Baird Photography 47. Tried and Tasty 48. Lionesses at the Gate 49. Fry Sauce and Grits 50. Lolly Jane 51. That’s What Che Said 52. Sugar Bee Crafts 53. Your HomeBased Mom 54. Happiness is Homemade 55. The Crafted Sparrow 56. R&R Workshop 57. I Should Be Mopping the Floor 58. Sassy Steals
59. Let’s Eat Grandpa 60. Being Spiffy 61. Sumo’s Sweet Stuff 62. Ginger Snap Crafts 63. Bless This Mess 64. Apronista 65. Dreaming About Someday 66. Frenchie 67. Tastefully Frugal 68. Four Marrs and One Venus 69. Your Sister Circle 70. Over the Big Moon 71. See Vanessa Craft 72. Infarrantly Creative 73. Family StoryTelling
74. Albion Gould 75. Life as Mrs. Larson 76. Tried and True 77. Play.Party.Pin. 78. Bite of Delight 79. Ink Happi 80. ObSEUSSed 81. U Create 82. My Mommy Style 83. Find it Make it Love it 84. The Contractor Chronicles 85. Novae Clothing 86. Mommy Makes Things 87. At Home with Sweet T 88. We Like to Learn As We Go 89. House for Five 90. Organize and Decorate Everything 91. Sassy Southern Gurl 92. The Creative Mom 93. Keep Moving Forward with Me
94. The Benson Street 95. Mom 4 Real 96. Sowdering About 97. illistyle 98. The Crafty Blog Stalker 99. A Fiery Red Life 100. Cupcakes & Crowbars 101. One Sweet Appetite 102. My DayLights 103. Restless Risa
104. Sypsie Designs 105. Vintage Mother 106. Like Mother Like Daughter 107. 30 Handmade Days 108. Queen Bee and Me 109. Apples by Ashley 110. Boutique Cafe – in CANADA 111. Just My Little Mess 112. Bombshell Bling 113. Sarah Tyau 114. Taradara Make it 115. Capturing Joy 116. Ivory Lime Photography 117. Jenkins Kids Farm 118. Free Time Frolics 119. Bella Storia 120. Dana Ohlsen Photography
Also follow our Bravery and Beauty PINTEREST board for more inspiration!